Monday 16 March, 2020

Blood on my hand (6 Jan 2020)



Not just the brutal goons
I have blood on my hand...
I had asked for the strike
now they bloodied our land!

I stood safe on the shore
shouting till it hurt my gland...
When Blue Ocean turned Red
hues of hurt stained the sand!

I ignored that in a bull fight
taking sides may seem grand...
But not just the raging bull
gored oft are the cheering band!

Stoking fires is easily done
difficult it is to be manned...
It may seem a harmless sport
but blaze will get out of hand!

We must know the fallout
of taking an extreme stand…
Humanism, justice and peace
should be keys to every demand!

When I ask for the strike
they will drench again our land...
Not just the brutal goons
I will have blood on my hand!
I will have blood on my hand!!

~ Pravin K. Sabnis
6 Jan 2020

No comments: